About The College
S.G.R.R. (P.G.) College : A Brief Sketch
Established in 1960 by the great educational visionary Brahmaleen ShriMahant Indiresh Charan Dass Ji, SGRR (PG) College is one of the most renowned colleges of Uttarakhand. During its journey of 61 years, the college has carved a niche for itself due to the following :
· It imparts quality education to a wide spectrum of students. At present, students from more than 18 states of India are getting education in the college at nominal cost.
· The college is a part of SGRR Education Mission which is running more than 120 Public Schools all over North India, a 1500 bedded Shri Mahant Indiresh Hospital, a Medical College, an Institute of Technology & Science, 08 Intermediate Colleges and a Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya under the aegis of Shri Darbar Sahib which is a 344 year old religious and philanthropic organization.
· The college which started with a few subjects at undergraduate level in 1960 is today imparting education in 12 subjects of Arts and Science.
· In 2011, the college was selected for the coveted CPE (College with the potential for Excellence) Status by UGC-2012-2017
· In 2016, the college was selected for the coveted CPE (College with the potential for Excellence) 2nd stage by UGC 2017-2022
· The college has a lush green campus of 45 acres. It has well furnished labs and a rich library with e-access to more than 6000 e-journals and 1,64,300 e-books; besides 25,118 books in print as on today. The college is also a Centre of National Testing Service (NTS), Women's Studies Centre, Uttarakhand Open University. Regional Directorate of Uttarakhand Open University has its office at the college.
· The college has highly qualified and dedicated teachers and disciplined students which ensures bright academic results. Last year the aggregate pass percentage was 98%. Due to excellent academic environment of the college, 125 INSPIRE students have taken admission in the college.
· The college has wi-fi facility on campus.
The College reaffirms its pledge to reach greater heights in the field of higher education, as enshrined in its Vision and Mission Statements.